Affiliate Institutions

Texas Wesleyan University


Since the LCRP’s inception in 2003, Texas Wesleyan University has helped students earn a master of science in nurse anesthesia while remaining in central Louisiana. Currently, students travel to the main campus in Fort Worth for the first six months of the program, then they can complete the remainder of the program (including clinicals) in central Louisiana. 

Texas Wesleyan University's Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia program is the only nurse anesthesia program in the country with Council on Accreditation approval to provide the entire program as a distance option. 

All graduates from Texas Wesleyan University’s nurse anesthesia program have successfully passed the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists’ Certification Examination and have earned the title of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). Through the Graduating Class of 2008, 1,311 students have graduated from the program. Of those 1,311 graduates, approximately 97% of them passed the exam on their first attempt. The remaining 3% passed on subsequent attempts. Results for the Class of 2009 are not yet available.

Texas Wesleyan is included on the American Association of Nurse Anesthetist's web page as an accredited program and are frequently discussed in local and national health care magazines. About 350 applications are submitted each year from qualified RN’s for the programs, but only 120 students are selected annually for admission into the program. Texas Wesleyan representatives say their best source of advertisement is our current students and former graduates.

MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSE ANESTHESIA
Students enrolled in the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia program are considered for federal and state grant programs specific to nursing programs
of study. All grants are awarded on a funds available basis.

Information on financial aid, including program specific aid for the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia program, can be found in the graduate catalog, which is available here: https://txwes.edu/admissions or through the Office of Financial Aid at 817-531-4420.

The current semester's academic calendar, as well as previous semesters' calendars, can be found at https://txwes.edu/academics/registrar/academic-calendar/